The Tailed Reporter

Your number one blog for everything Ratatouille -- Pixar Animation Studios' next feature film to be released on June 29, 2007.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am an aspiring artist who wallows in anything that has to do with art and animation. My ultimate goal is to secure a position at Pixar Animation Studios as a Technical Lighting Artist one day. My favorite activities include hiking, biking, taking long walks on the beach, sketching, reading, interacting with animals, and spoofing films with my sister.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Names and Nuggets

In response to the post below:

It seems as if Pixar's creativity can never fail to impress us. Not only do the characters of Ratatouille have "appetizing" names, their meanings seem to relate to rather delectable morsels as well. So far, it appears that almost every known character in the film is named after a food or drink:

Remy - meaning "champaigne" or "from Rheims" or "rower"
Chef Auguste Gusteau - according to Wikipedia, the chef's name is derived from "gusto", an Italian word meaning "appetite"
Linguini - a type of pasta
"Rollie" - if you take away the "ie", "Rollie" becomes "Roll", as in a "roll of bread".*

For those of you who have not yet been informed, "Linguini" is proposedly a newly mentioned character who will appear in Ratatouille. According to the resource in the post below, he is a garbage boy.

*Credit goes to JV for the suggestion.

8 Comments:

Blogger JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR said...

That's so cool Mitch!

7:29 AM  
Blogger JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR said...

I have a post all about Linguini over at my blog. :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Thanks, dude!

Oh yeah, I saw that in your blog, too. I replied to it. ;)

7:31 AM  
Blogger JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR said...

I just had great idea why (according to Mitch’s theory) Pixar named Rollie “Rollie” because take off the “ie” and then you get Roll a type of bread!, I’m so smart.;)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Haha -- hey, yeah! That's awesome!

Great find, JV. We bow down to you. (lol) :P

8:18 AM  
Blogger JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR said...

Yeah u should edit it and put it up on your post

1:20 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

I just included it in my post, JV! Thanks for the suggestion -- it's a great find.

9:38 PM  
Blogger JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR said...

Any time Mitch!

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home