The Tailed Reporter

Your number one blog for everything Ratatouille -- Pixar Animation Studios' next feature film to be released on June 29, 2007.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am an aspiring artist who wallows in anything that has to do with art and animation. My ultimate goal is to secure a position at Pixar Animation Studios as a Technical Lighting Artist one day. My favorite activities include hiking, biking, taking long walks on the beach, sketching, reading, interacting with animals, and spoofing films with my sister.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Similarities - Remy and "Remi"



According to Wikipedia.net, the upcoming Pixar film, Ratatouille, bears some rather small resemblances to a dated French tale known as Sans Famille. The article can be found via this link:

Sans Famille

Some similarites between these two stories include:

- The title character in Ratatouille -- Remy -- shares his name with the main character of Sans Famille, who's name is also Remi. The only difference is that both names are spelled differently.

- The theme of Ratatouille is similar to that of the plot-line of the two-part novel, Sans Famille, which depicts a young boy who strives to find his place in the world of 19th century France.

Is it possible that Pixar derived their story of Ratatouille from this former tale of French poverty?

Sources: Photo courtesy of www.ratatouillemovie.net

4 Comments:

Blogger JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR said...

Hey yeah I read that at Wikipedia too. :)

2:42 PM  
Blogger JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 PM  
Blogger gottalovepixar said...

You and rattatoullie , mitch , you're practically obsessesd ! jk , i know ur not obsessed with the movie ur obsessed with pixar .

2:54 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

JV - Cool -- I'm glad you noticed it!

gottalovepixar - Welcome to my blog, gottalovepixar!

And yes, "obsessed" is an understatement. I used to have rats, so when I heard the news that Pixar was creating a movie concerning these adorable critters...I went ballistic. (snigggers)

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home